Water Maintenance Field Worker 1
SUMMARY: Under direct supervision, performs various functions in support of Rainier View Water’s distribution systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform customer service activities, turn water service on and off at the customer’s residence; respond to customer complaints and prepare reports.
- Perform water meter maintenance and repair; replace or install water meters.
- Perform maintenance of water meter boxes; replace, clean, install, and repair water meter boxes and lids.
- Operate fire hydrants to flush the water system and check pressure.
- Perform inspections, cleaning and basic service of assigned equipment.
- Perform installations, maintenance, and repair of water service lines, water mains, pumps, and valves.
- Perform carpentry and cement work, cut and replace concrete and asphalt.
- Perform traffic control procedures.
- Operate motor vehicles (must provide 5 year driving abstract).
- Serve as an on-call responder on a rotation basis (at supervisor’s discretion).
- Support the relationship between Rainier View Water Company and the general public.
- Perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid WA state driver’s license.
- Be able to respond to afterhours incidents within 40 minutes.
- Obtain Operator in Training certification within 1 year of hire date.
- Obtain flagger certification within 1 year of hire date.
- Obtain first aid certification within 1 year of hire date.
- Obtain fork lift certification within 1 year of hire date.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed in an outdoor work environment. May be required to climb ladders and work in trenches. May be exposed to extreme weather conditions, and dangerous machinery. Physical demands consist of sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling. Use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and lifting and carrying moderately heavy tools or item up to 50 pounds and 150 pounds with assistance. Incumbent wears personal protection as well as protective footwear. Incumbent must be able to see and hear in the normal range, with or without correction. Incumbent must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form with great facility and must be able to be understood. Incumbent must have the stamina to work long hours and overtime. If assigned, must be willing to work irregular schedule, which means weekends, holidays, evenings, and/or varying shifts.