Seasonal Grounds Maintenance
SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Field Superintendent, performs various maintenance and repairs on Rainier View Water Company facilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform routine grounds maintenance on all Rainier View Water Company facilities.
- Operate motor vehicle (must provide 5 year driving abstract) with trailer.
- Operate landscaping equipment such as riding lawn mower, push lawn mower, weed eater, shears, and chainsaw.
- Perform duties minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid WA state driver’s license.
- Basic landscaping.
- Basic landscaping equipment/tools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed in an outdoor work environment. May be required to climb ladders and work on scaffolding. May be exposed to extreme weather conditions, and dangerous machinery. May work in hazardous environments. Physical demands consist of sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling. Use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and lifting and carrying moderately heavy boxes up to 50 pounds and 150 pounds with assistance. Incumbent may be exposed to extended periods of strenuous working conditions. Incumbent wears personal protection as well as protective footwear. Incumbent must be able to see and hear in the normal range, with or without correction. Incumbent must be able to communicate both verbally and in written form with great facility and must be able to be understood. Incumbent must have the stamina to work long hours and overtime, if assigned. Must be willing to work irregular schedule, which means weekends, holidays, evenings, and/or varying shifts.